Bottle: Chateau Grand Boise Jadis Rosé
Chateau Grand Boise
Chateau Grand Boise

Jadis Rosé

Bottle: Chateau Grand Boise Jadis Rosé
Cuvee: Jadis
Colour: Rosé
Appellation: AOC Cotes de Provence
Grape Varieties: 80% Grenache, 10% syrah, 10% Cabernet-Sauvignon
Yield: 30 hl/ha (approx.1.8 tons/acre)

Terroir & Vines:
Château Grand Boise benefits from a very unique terroir, with its high altitude vineyards ranging from 300 m to 650 m alt. at the highest point. 80 parcels, spread over 500 hectares of land, representing 34 hectares of planted vines.
80% of the vines are north facing, planted on clay and limestone soils. The other 20% are south facing and planted on pink marble soils.
A troop of 300 sheep, honey bees, horses and chickens, have recently joined the team to contribute to our philosophy of natural farming.
To preserve this delicate balance, our wines are certified organic since 2010.
This exceptional terroir brings freshness, depth and complexity to our wines.

Plot:
Jadis is made from 3 plots of Grenache, Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon. The vines are between 10 and 60 years old producing an ideal balance between yield and concentration. All three plots are north facing, Grenache and Syrah at 1600 ft. on limestone and pink marble and Cabernet on limestone and clay at 1300 ft. the blend of the three terroirs adds incredible complexity to the wine. Hot during the day and cool at night, the grapes are perfectly balanced in sugars and acidity.

Winemaking:
The grapes are harvested early in the morning at ideal maturity. Jadis Rosé is made from Direct Press, fermented in stainless steel tanks and in two 500l oak casks. The wine in the 500l casks then ages on lees for 5 months adding richness and texture to the blend. Blending and bottling are done in March.

Tasting notes:
A complex rosé with notes of wild strawberries, violets and orange peel, with a hint of saffron. Fresh and generous in mouth.

Food & Wine pairings:
Lacquered duck breast with cumquat, Saffron risotto.

Press comments:
Wine Enthusiast: 93 pts (2016) - 93 pts (2015)
Bettane & Desseauve 2016 Guide: 16 /20  (2014 vintage)
Sommeliers International: "A reference" (2013 vintage)
Terre de Vins (Bettane & Desseauve): 16,5 /20 (2013 vint.)
L'Express - Wine special issue: 16,5 /20 (2011 vintage)
Regal Magazine: Editor's choice (2010 vintage)
Mondial du Rosé Competition: Gold medal (2011 vintage)
 

 

Click on the bottle to see a close up of the label...
More photos >>

Download this data sheet in PDF format >>
EnglishFranceFacebook
Chateau Grand Boise
1536 Chemin de Grisole - 13530 Trets-en-Provence - France
Tel. +33 (0)442 292 295 - Fax: +33 (0)442 613 871 - Email:
Grand Boise • 1536 Chemin de Grisole • 13530 Trets • France • Tel. (0)442 292 295 • www.grandboise.com