Bottle: Chateau Grand Boise Cuvée 1610
Chateau Grand Boise
Chateau Grand Boise

1610 Rouge

Bottle: Chateau Grand Boise Cuvée 1610
Cuvee: 1610
Colour: Red
Appellation: AOC Cotes de Provence
Grape Varieties: 50% Grenache, 30% Cabernet-sauvignon, 20% Syrah
Yield: 20 hl/ha (approx. 1.3 tons/acre)

Terroir & Vines:
Château Grand Boise benefits from a very unique terroir, with its high altitude vineyards ranging from 900 ft. to 2000 ft. 80 parcels, spread over 1,200 acres of land, representing 84 acres of planted vines. 80% of the vines are north facing, planted on clay and limestone soils. The other 20% are south facing and planted on pink marble soils. A troop of 300 sheep, honeybees, horses and chickens, have recently joined the team to contribute to our natural farming philosophy. To preserve this delicate balance our vines are certified organic since 2010. This exceptional terroir brings freshness, depth and complexity to our wines.

Plot:
1610 is made from a selection of our emblematic north facing terraces situated between 1300 ft. and 1700 ft. on clay and limestone soil. The vines are between 10 and 60 years old producing an ideal balance between yield and concentration.

Winemaking:
Hand-picked grapes with strict selection in the vineyard and picking out of individual grapes bunches, if necessary. Each plot is fermented and aged separately. Whole berry maceration and manual pump over take place directly in open 500l oak casks. Pressed then aged in the same 500l casks as well as several 225l barrels for roughly 15 months depending on each plot and each vintage in order to preserve the unique characteristics of each terroir.

Tasting notes:
Ripe nose of dark berries, black pepper, liquorice with a hint of eucalyptus, expressing the mellow intensity and structure characteristic of the 1610 terroir.

Food & Wine pairings:
Wild boar and chocolate stew, Rib roast with garlic-salt crust.

Press comments
Wine Enthusiast: 92 pts (2012)
    “a big, rich, extracted wine.”
Bettane & Desseauve 2016 Guide: 16 /20 (2012) - 15.5 /20 (2011)
    “seduces with fresh tannins, taut and spicy
      with a tight silky texture”
Cuisine et Vins de France:
    “Blackcurrant and pepper aromas, full-bodied on the palate.” (2009)

 

Click on the bottle to see a close up of the label...
More photos >>

Download this data sheet in PDF format >>
EnglishFranceFacebook
Chateau Grand Boise
1536 Chemin de Grisole - 13530 Trets-en-Provence - France
Tel. +33 (0)442 292 295 - Fax: +33 (0)442 613 871 - Email:
Grand Boise • 1536 Chemin de Grisole • 13530 Trets • France • Tel. (0)442 292 295 • www.grandboise.com